deco banner  
  botanicals  
  Click here to return to the Botanicals page  

BOTANICAL REGISTER started in 1815 by Sydenham Edwards (Wales 1768-1819 Chelsea)

He previously illustrated the Botanical Magazine. He was Illustrator and Publisher and provided
all the illustrations for the first four years. After his death, James Ridgeway published from 1920-1828. In 1829 John Lindley was editor and changed the name to Edward's Botanical Register. He published till 1847 when Sarah Ann Drake retired.

Hand-coloured engravings

Each c. 9 1/4" x 5 3/4"
edwards8lg
No. 478 LYCHNIS FULGENS
CDN $45